Promoting geographic literacy across Texas.
The Texas Alliance for Geographic Education works to increase geographic literacy through educational and community outreach and supports a network of geography educators across Texas. The Texas Alliance was established in 1986 as a partnership supported by more than 8,000 people, including university professors, K-12 educators, and the community members from across the state.
- Serve as a geography resource center for Texas educators.
- Partner with Education Service Centers, school districts, and educational organizations around the state to coordinate and sponsor high quality professional development opportunities to K-12 educators.
- Develop and disseminate K-12 educator resources based on the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills standards.
- Promote Geography Awareness Week and GIS Day to highlight the importance of geography to K-16 students and the community, with 20,000—40,000 participants each year.
- Support educators, administrators, and community members with a passion for geography by offering networking opportunities to strengthen geography education throughout the state.
TAGE is proud to partner with TCSS to organize a geography strand for social studies educators...