Date Posted: 9/28/13
September 28, 2013
When: September 28, 2013 - 8:00am - 3:00pm
Where: Scottsdale Community College, 9000 W Chaparral Rd, Scottsdale, AZ
So why attend another conference? What’s in it for ME?
If you are familiar with AzGA, you already know about our free high quality outline maps and K-12 classroom ready lessons available FREE on our website. If not, now is the time to make the Alliance resources a part of your teacher’s tool kit to make your job of teaching easier!
What can I expect from GeoConference 2013?
• New Classroom lessons & activities that integrate geography with STEM
• An array of National Geographic Geography Awareness Week materials and activities to support this year’s theme: The New Age of Exploration
• Sessions on Technology in the Classroom - GIS, GPS, Google Earth, Google Lit, and other useful tools
• Classroom ready lessons from this GeoConference to take back to your classroom and teach the next day — All updated with Common Core Standards for math and ELA.
• Geography content lectures by geographers
• Networking with other teachers
• Door Prizes
• Receive 6.5 Professional Development hours
Early bird registration (by 9/8/13) $ 30
Early bird STUDENT registration $ 20
Late Registration (after 9/9/13) $ 40
Deadline for Early Bird registration: September 8, 2013
Conference fee includes all conference sessions, session materials, lunch, other free teaching materials. Recertification hours: 6.5
Register on-line at http://geoconference2013.eventbrite.com/
OR for POs or checks download registration form at http://alliance.la.asu.edu/geofest/2013_GeoConference.pdf