Spatial perspective...it is capital
The District of Columbia Geographic Alliance is currently in transition.
The District of Columbia Geographic Alliance (DCGA) is an organization of educators and citizens committed to the enhancement of geographic education in District of Columbia schools. The alliance was first organized in 1986 and reorganized officially in 1995, when National Geographic's Board of Trustees formally accepted the DCGA as a member of the Society's nationwide network.
Since its inception, DCGA has been committed to providing professional development and empowerment for teachers with summer institutes that offer the opportunity to refresh teaching skills, renew course content and lesson plans, and learns interactive teaching styles and new technology. Teachers who successfully complete our summer institutes become DC Alliance Teacher Consultants (TCs), who are charged with returning to their local schools to provide professional-development opportunities for other teachers as well as raise awareness of the importance of geographic education.
To date, DCGA has more than 100 trained teacher consultants, many of whom have gone on to participate in national workshops and take administrative and leadership roles within their school districts.
District of Columbia Geographic Education Endowment Contributors
- Arent Fox PLLC Washington DC
- Association of American Geographers Washington DC
- CareFirst of Maryland Inc. Washington DC
- Covington & Burling LLP Washington DC
- Defenders of Wildlife Washington DC
- Electronic Data Systems Corporation Washington DC
- Fannie Mae Washington DC Farr
- Miller & Washington, LLC Washington DC
- Hickrill Foundation Washington DC
- Hogan Lovells Washington DC
- KPMG Peat Marwick Washington DC
- Kiplinger Foundation Washington DC
- Leonard and Elaine Silverstein Family Foundation Washington DC
- M&T Bank Washington DC
- NationalFish and Wildlife Foundation Washington DC
- Patton Boggs, LLP Washington DC
- Pepco Washington DC
- The Curtis and Edith Munson Foundation Washington DC
- The J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation Washington DC
- The Lee and Juliet Folger Fund Washington DC
- The Lemon Foundation Washington DC
- The Walter A. Bloedorn Foundation Washington DC
- The Wilderness Society Washington DC
- Wallace Genetic Foundation, Inc. Washington DC
- Wine & Spirits Wholesalers Washington DC
- Charles O. Holliday Washington DC
- Victoria P. Sant Washington DC
- William F. McSweeny Washington DC
- Edith Poor Washington DC
- Tom C. Korologos Washington DC
- Lloyd H. Elliott Washington DC
- Thomas D. Rutherfoord Washington DC
Gwendolyn H. Faulkner, DC Geographic Alliance Coordinator, announces that the District of...